Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer and Beach Themed Names


Hey guys! I am away on vacation this week and I thought it would be fun to plan my post around the theme summer and beaches. So I have some summer/beach themed names for you. I have 10 girls and 10 boy names. The reason behind the summer posts is because I want to guys to feel like you are down on the beach with my too! So let’s get started.

Girls
  1. Sandy- This is a greek name that is a pet form of Alexandra. Sandy is on the list because beaches are sandy.
  2. Shelly- This is an Enlgish name that means from the sloping field. I put this name on the list because you get shells at the beach.
  3. Coral- This is an englsih name that means reef formation. Coral is a very summery name to me.
  4. Ocean- This is a Greek name that means sea. I had to put Ocean because I will be in the ocean at lot.
  5. Sailor- This is an American name that means boat man. I love this name! Sailors are very summery people.
  6. Suma- This is an English name that means born in summer. This is great for a baby born in summer.
  7. Pearl- This is an English name that means smooth, round, bead formed by a mollusk. Pearls are in calms that are in the ocean.
  8. Marina- This is a Latin name that means of the Sea. I don’t even have to know the meaning to know it is a summery name.
  9. June- This is a Latin name the means born in June. I love this name! June is also a summer month.
  10. Summer- This is an English name that means summer. This list wouldn’t be complete without the name summer!

Boys
  1. Theros- This is a Greek name that means summer. You could give this to a baby born in summer and no one would know why!
  2. Tanner- This is a German name that means leather worker. You get Tanner in the summer don’t you?!
  3. Beacher- This is an English name that means near the beech trees. I just had to put this in the list!
  4. August- This is an English name that means great. August is also a summer month.
  5. Kai- This is a Hawaiian name that means Ocean. Another name that I don’t have to know the meaning of to know that it is a summery name.
  6. Storm- This is an American name that means a storm. We have had a lot of storms this summer where I am.
  7. Seaton- This is an English name that means town near the sea. I really like this name and it was the first time I heard it.
  8. Dylan- This is a Welsh name that means son of the sea. I like Dylan on a boy but son people like it on a girl.
  9. Julio- This is a Spanish name that is a form of Julius, which means youthful, downy-beard. This name is on the list because it is a form of the name July.
  10. Tide- This is a nature name. I put Tide on the list because it is a very beachy name.


So that is my list. I hope you are all having fun and now feel a little more like you are at the beach. Comment and tell me what you think. Bye for now :).

Photo Credit: http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/4264/fun-at-the-beach-survival-kit-what-you-need-for-you-and-the-kids-to-the-seaside


2 comments:

  1. I was just about to do a post on either Coralia or Shelina! I also love Oceana and Aquamarine. Maybe Sheldon could work as a "shell" name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Coralia and Shelina is so cute. You should do post on them. Oceana and Aquamarine are cute and I would use them in a gp kind of way. Sheldon works great as a summer name!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...