Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Ada's Birthday

Hey guys! So for today’s post I have a few girl names. For those of you who don’t know, today is Ada Lovelace’s birthday. Ada was an English mathematician and writer chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage’s early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. I loved her name so I thought I would do a blog post about it. Her actual name was Augusta Ada Byron. So let’s get started.

  • Ada- Means noble in German
  • Augusta- Means great, magnificent in Latin

I think both those names are great! Personally I don’t like the combo as a first and middle name but I do think they are both great names. Out of the two I like Ada more. Which do you like more? Let me know below in the comments. I hope you liked this. Bye for now :). 


Photo Credit:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebecca-lynnephotography/8239659178/
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I don't like Ada Augusta as a combo either, but I like the names separately =D I prefer Ada over Augusta but both are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just talking to my mom about Ada Lovelace the other day. I love the name Ada!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...