Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Feature Friday: Kirstie


Hey guys! Guess what time it is?!?! It’s Feature Friday time! This week’s is a blogger and a formspringer. Her name is Kirstie! You might remember her from my blog when I did the post on the unisex names (http://rensbabynameblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/unisex-names.html). Her blog is mybabynameobsession.blogspot.com, and her youtube is http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBabynameloverrr. I had so much fun doing this interview and getting to talk with her. So let’s get on with the interview.

Me: How did you get into baby names?
Kirstie: When I was younger I was obsessed with my baby dolls. I had a Lee Middleton doll named Caroline. If I wanted her to be a boy, I named her Parker. It was always those two names. I had other dolls who's names varied. In 8th grade is when I really started getting into names. And it has grown from there! 

Me: You're welcome! I love baby dolls when I was little too! How old were you when you first started liking baby names?
Kirstie: It was in 8th grade, so I would have been 13!

Me: That's a great age. What are your current favorite baby names?
Kirstie: I am currently loving Elliana, Molly, Faith, Maple, Betsy, Emmeline, Lia, Fia, Penny, & Tulip for girls. And Asher, Desmond, Dante, Preston, Emmett, Everett, Ty, Tyler, Truman & Cohen for boys.

Me: I love your names! If you remember, what were your first favorite baby names?
Kirstie: Oh gosh. Oh, Parker & Caroline!

Me: I really like those names. Why did you decide to start making videos, blogging, and to join formspring?
Kirstie: Deciding to join formspring and start making videos was because of Stephanie (anastasiaruby). She sis my favorite baby namer on Youtube and I loved reading her formspring answers. Also, I made a formspring because I wanted to talk about baby names. Looking up names and making my top lists wasn't enough. Making and writing on a blog was influenced by you. hehe. I love reading your blog, Ren!

Me: I made a formspring because of Stephanie too! Awww thanks! What has been the most fun about making videos, blogging, and formspring?
Kirstie: The most fun about making videos, blogging, and formspring is the friends I have made!

Me: The friends are great! What has been your favorite video,blog, and/or formspring question (rename, collages, etc.)  you have done?
Kirstie: My favorite formspring question was a collage. I asked for everyone's top names and I picked photos of kids that I thought matched each of the names. So far, out of the 25 baby name blog posts, my favorite one has to be the one titled 'Unisex Names: Team Boy or Team Girl?'!

Me: Everyone seemed to like the collage questions! I loved that blog post! Are you working on any blog post, videos, formspring question/spams, and/or listography?
Kirstie: Thanks, Ren! I have been working on getting some Name of the Day blog posts ready. I haven't done one in a daily baby name post while. Hoping to get back on track with it! I am also working on some new lists for my listography. They are going be about my favorites name for each letter of the alphabet and favorites for each amount of syllables. And I am going to be making a list of names of people I know personally. 

Me: I can't wait to read them! What do you love about baby names?
Kirstie: I think what I love most about baby names is the excitement when you find a new baby name. Or when you meet someone with one of your top names. Coming up with new combinations of first and middle names is always fun. You never know what you'll come up with!

Me: It is so exciting to find a new baby name! What types of baby names to do like (ex. Trendy, vintage, etc.)?
Kirstie: For girls I tend to go for a mix of old-fashioned names (i.e., Betsy, Pearl), popular names (i.e., Aubree, Faith), and trendy names (i.e., Charlotte). There have also been some hidden treasures in there for sure, that not many people might have heard of before (i.e., Amabel, Ottoline). For boys, they tend to be unfamiliar (i.e., Brighton, Ira, Matteo) to the everyday person. I wouldn't say they are 'unusual'. There are some popular names to (i.e., Nathaniel, Tyler). Overall, I would say my style tends to me old-fashioned-trendy.

Me: I like the mix of names. When did you tell your friends and family about your love to baby names?
Kirstie: I actually haven't told any one about my love for baby names! I am thinking of telling my best friend Carly. :) 

Me: I haven't told anyone either! You should! How did you think your family and friends will react to your love for baby names?
Kirstie: I am not sure. I imagine them being a bit confused. Well not exactly confused, but like "What? You like baby names?" After warming up to the idea, I am sure they'll be supportive and willing to listen to me babble on about names! haha. Maybe they'll jump in and discuss names with me! Who knows!

Me: Haha I would hope they are supportive. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your love/addiction/obsession for baby names?
Kirstie: It's pretty up there. I would rate my obsession with baby names a 6.5/10.

Me: That's a nice number. What is the reason behind your formspring, blog, YouTube abd listography names?
Kirstie: Aniyah and Reason were two of my old favorite names from a couple months ago. All usernames that I came up with for my listography just didn't fit. I just put the two together and that's how I got my listography name. Kirstie Marie is my first and middle name. I added an extra 'e' and xo at the end to make it seem complete. I am obsessed with baby names, so that was easy! haha.

Me: Your names are so much better than mine. Do you have a favorite baby namer (YouTube, blog, formspring, etc.)?
Kirstie: Hehe. My favorite baby namer on Youtube is Stephanie (anastasiaruby). My favorite formspring baby namer is Stephanie, Emily (Patey3), you, & Ali (AliiiParker). I love reading your blog, notablenames.wordpress, waltzingmorethanmatilda, and babynameaddict.blogspot.

Me: Awe thanks! I love all of those blogs and people. Do you have a #1 fan on your blog, listography, videos, and/or formspirng or someone who you talk to a lot because of them?
Kirstiel: No, I don't have a #1 fan on any of them. I am still working my way up on the 'popular' ladder of formspring/blog/listography. You know? I hope that makes sense. I can't until the time I have a #1 fan! :) 

Me: It does. Me too! It would be so nice to be popular. What inspired you to make a blog, formspring, listography, and videos besides baby names?
Kirstie: I wanted to find someone else who loved baby names as much as I do. I don't know of anyone that I know who loves baby names. I made a listography because with all the names I had, keeping them on a word document was confusing. I wanted organization. I may have a little bit of OCD. haha. I didn't really have any inspiration other than baby names for my blog. But Stephanie was a big influence on me for making videos. I've looked up to her for almost 2 1/2 years now.

Me: All of these things are great ways to find who love baby names. We are down to the last 5 questions! Where do you find your baby names at?
Kirstie: Nameberry is my #1 favorite place to find my baby names at. Other places I like to look for baby names are behindthename, babynamecountry, & youtube! I have found some of my names through formspring, as well!

Me: I have found so many of my names through formspring. Do you know anyone in real life that has a formspring/youtube/blog?
Kirstie: I don't know any one in real life that has a formspring or blog. But I do know a girl who has a beauty channel on Youtube!

Me: I wish I know someone who had a youtube! Random fact about you?
Kirstie: She isn't like big or anything, but it's kind of cool that I know her. :) Oh gosh. I have so many! I love baking! I like cooking too, but I prefer baking though.

Me: That's still cool! I love baking too!   What did you think of this interview?
Kirstie: The interview was super fun! Thanks for taking the time to interview me, Ren! :)

Me: You're welcome :) I had fun too! Is there anything else you would like to add?
Kirstie: If you want to talk about baby names, follow me formspring! I have all my links on my FS page in my bio! I hope y'all learned a little bit about me. :)

Me: Yes go follow her! I know I did!




So that is the interview. I had so much fun and it was nice to get to talk to her. You should all go check out her blog, youtube, and formspring. Her posts are very fun to read and she has such great ideas. I hope you liked this and don’t forget to comment. Bye for now :). 


Photo Credit: http://www.formspring.me/kirstiemarieexo

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...