Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Feature Friday: Zsofi

Hey guys! So you all know what time it is!!! It’s Feature Friday Time! I had so much fun with this interview. It was with Zsófi, who I meet on formspring. Her formspring is http://www.formspring.me/szofocska. This was a different interview because she is all the way from Hungry! I enjoyed seeing her answers and getting to talk to her. so let’s get on with the interview.

Me: How did you get into baby names? And how old were you when you first started liking baby names?
Zsófi: I got into baby names when I was about 5 and my mom and dad let me name our brand new puppy. I was so excited about this, my dad told me that I would be the godmother of the puppy so I thought about it a little bit and named the dog Dominica, although I have never knew anyone with the name. Everybody loved the name and they were impressed with my decision. After this I named every single one of my dollies and toys and my parents let me name every other pet that we have gotten after this. That’s when I realized I loved names. Weird thing, a few years after this Dominica became one of the most popular girl names where I live (Hungary) and the same thing happened to some of the other names that I have given to my pets (Ava, Regina or Jasmine). My parents still tell this story to people and say that I made those names popular.

Me: It seems like you can tell the future of a name haha :) What are your current favorite baby names?
Zsófi: My favorite names right now are Skye for a girl and Logan for a boy. My fiancé and I have already decided to use these names on our future kids. I have always had the hardest time finding the perfect name for my future baby girl. Then the first day we met with Dan he told me that his favorite girl name was Skye. I was amazed and said that I love the name. Ever since then there was no question that we will name our first girl Skye. The same day I told him my all time favorite boy name, Logan. I was in love with this name ever since I’ve heard it in Gilmore Girls. He said Logan was the coolest name that he could imagine, so we just sticked with these two: Logan and Skye.

Me: I love Skye and Logan! It seems like you two were made for each other! If you remember, what were your first favorite baby names?
Zsófi: I have never really made lists but I remember when I was little I was drawing pictures of families and I was naming all the members of the family. I always named the dad or the prince on the pictures Philip which is so weird because I really dislike that name now. My favorite girl name was Jasmine for a long time.

Me: haha it's funny to look back on the names we use to like as kids. What has been the most fun about formspring?
Zsófi: I love Formspring because it showed me that I’m not the only one obsessed with baby names. The best thing about it is that it’s a place that I can always go to when I want to talk about names. I think Daniel is thankful for that too, at least I don’t annoy him with names all the time :D (Just kidding, he’s the best, he likes to talk about them)

Me: me too!  awww he's a good sport What has been your favorite formspring question (rename, collages, etc.)  you have done?
Zsófi: I don’t really LOVE any of the typical Formspring questions, I always look for the ones that are a bit different. But I do like to answer some of the good old rename or ‘this or that’ questions every once in a while.

Me: It's fun when things are different. Are you working on any formspring questions/spams?
Zsófi: No, not really. Wow, I’m boring :D

Me: I don't think you are! What do you love about baby names?
Zsófi: I love that names are so important. You decide your child’s name and they will have to live with that the rest of their lives. That’s why I always felt like I have to come up with the perfect name for my baby. What better way to complete this ‘mission’ than talk about names all the time with people all over the world?

Me: They are really important! I think every parent should have a formspring for names lol:) What types of baby names to do like (ex. Trendy, vintage, etc.)?
Zsófi: I couldn’t say that I love or hate trendy names or any other category. I like names that are not too popular but people have heard of them. I also look for names that most people like but they haven’t really thought about adding them to their favorites list or naming their child that. I love to find simple names that are not too popular but most people when they hear them would react like: “O my gosh, that’s a beautiful name, why didn’t I think of that?” 

Me: They are the best type of names! When did you tell your friends and family about your love to baby names?
Zsófi: Well they always knew I think. It’s not like I told them, they kind of noticed when I was talking about names and asking them if they liked this or that name or what they favorite names were.

Me: It's nice that you didn't have to tell them. How did/do your family and friends react to your love for baby names?
Zsófi: I think everybody I know thinks it’s cool that I like baby names. I think there is a tiny part in almost everyone that likes names and I find that most people like to talk about their favorite names every once in a while. They can do that with me whenever they want

Me: I agree! I have found that everyone likes names but some like them more than others. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your love/addiction/obsession for baby names?
Zsófi: I think I would say I’m a 7 or 8, but that’s compared to people on Formspring. If I compare myself to all the other people out there I would say I’m a 10. Although I do have to mention that ever since Daniel and I decided on our future baby names my obsession decreased a little bit. Not my love for babies though J But then again, I still have to find the perfect middle names for Skye and Logan and Summer and Lincoln so challenge accepted, I’ll be a 10 again!

Me: haha I didn't think about who you compare yourself to! It defiantly depends on who you compare yourself to! What is the reason behind your formspring name?
Zsófi: Well, my Formspring name is szofocska and it is pronounced like ‘so-foch-kah’. My name is Zsófia which is the Hungarian form of the English Sophia or the Russian Sofia. In one of my favorite plays by Chekhov (Three Sisters) there is a baby called Sofia but they nickname her Sofochka. My sister and I love that play and after the first time we saw it she started calling me that. I have used it ever since.

Me: That's so cool! It's kind of like how I got the nickname Ren! Do you have a favorite baby namer (YouTube, blog, formspring, etc.)?
Zsófi: Yeah it’s definitely Stephanie. I really love the way she sees names and I like to hear what she thinks about names, because she seems combos and sib-sets in a rather critical way: She cares a lot if they flow well, if they go together well and things like that. I just like to hear her opinion.

Me: I love to watch Stephanie's videos! Do you have a #1 fan on yformspirng or someone who you talk to a lot because of them?
Zsófi: Not really to be honest! I just talk to the whole baby name community on Formspring in general.

Me: The community is really great. What inspired you to make a formspring besides baby names?
Zsófi: If I want to be completely honest here I made a Formspring so I could answer questions about baby names to people who really care about them. At first answering was more exciting for me than asking questions. But now I love asking questions even more than answering them. Plus, it’s nice to be a part of our little community.

Me: It's great to be a part of it! We are all there for each other too. Where do you find your baby names at?
Zsófi: I usually fall in love with names that I hear in real life, a movie or read in a book. Or Formspring of course. After I like one I always look them up on babynames.com

Me: A lot of people are the same way. Do you know anyone in real life that has a formspring/youtube/blog?
Zsófi: Nope, not really. Not anyone famous at least

Me: I don't know anyone either. Random fact about you?
Zsófi: I'm really scared of puppets, I find them creepy :)

Me: haha puppets are kind of really weird. What did you think of this interview?
Zsófi: I really loved it. You ask questions that are fun to answer!

Me: Awww thanks! I'm glad you did! I had fun to reading your answersIs there anything else you would like to add?
Zsófi: I only want to thank you for this awesome interview and congratulate you on your blog. I love reading it!

Me: You're welcome! Thank you so much!


So that is the interview with Zsófi. I had so much fun talking with Zsófi and getting to know her better. Everyone go follow her on formspring. She makes a great friend. I hope you liked this and don’t forget to comment. Bye for now :). 




Photo Credit: http://www.formspring.me/szofocska

Photobucket

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...