Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!


Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I’ll be having dinner in a few hours and we get to see some “family” I haven’t seen in a long time. I say “family” because they are my neighbor’s family but are really like my family too. We are related in no way. So I have a list of names for you that mean thanks in some way. I did a post last year that included names of people associated with Thanksgiving. You can find it here. So let’s get started.

Girls
  1. Odelia- I will thank God (Hebrew)
  2. Shakira- Thankful (Arabic)
  3. Zendaya- Thankful (African)
  4. Jendayi- Thankful (African)
  5. Tendai- Be thankful to God (African)

Boys
  1. Asante- Thank You (African)
  2. Tatenda- Thank you (African)
  3. Zikomo- Thank you (African)
  4. Shakir- Thankful (Arabic)
  5. Shakri- Thankful (Arabic)

Unisex
  1. Kuron- Thanks (African)

So they are all of the names that mean thanks that I could find. I think they are really nice names. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Now I am off to go eat some turkey and hang with my family. I hope you liked this and don’t forget to comment. Bye for now :). 


Photo Credit:  http://anive.se/collections/?album=1&gallery=1

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! =D I'm a tad late, but oh well ^.^ Fun post! I like these:
    ~ Shakira
    ~ Zendaya

    ~ Asante
    ~ Tatenda
    ~ Zikomo
    ~ Shakir
    ~ Shakri

    Those are sure interesting names! I don't think I'd use any of them, but I do like those =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ever since I did this post I started to love Zendaya but I don't think I would use it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...