Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Top Debuts: 1939-1943


UPDATE: For the year 1939 I had the name BRENNA when it should have been BRENDA. I am sorry for the problem. 
 
Hey guys! So today I went to visit a college. It is the fifth college I have gone to visit and I have one more to visit. So I am finally getting back to the Top Debuts series! I was waiting for my blog anniversary week to be over before I got back to the series. Today I have the years 1939 to 1943. So let’s get started.

1939
Thanna- This was the top debut for girls in 1939 and was given to 17. Thanna means praise in Arabic. In 2011, no babies were given the name Thanna.
Brenda- This was the top debut for boys in 1939 and was given to 19 babies. Brenna means sword in Old Norse. In 2011, no babies were given this name.

1940
Sierra- This was the top debut for girls in 1940 and was given to 32 babies. Sierra means saw in Spanish. In 2011, Sierra was ranked at #277.
Willkie- This was the top debut for boys in 1940 and was given to 13 babies. Willkie means will helmet, protection in English and German. In 2011, no babies were given this name.

1941
Jerilyn- This was the top debut for girls in 1940 and was given to 56 babies. Jerilyn is a variant of Jeralyn. In 2011, 10 babies were given this name.
Saford- This was the top debut for boys in 1941 and was given to 11 babies. Saford means willow river crossing in English. In 2011, no babies were given this name.

1942
Dwala, Gerilyn, and Rise- These were the top debuts for girls in 1942 and were each given to 15 babies.
  • I couldn’t find a meaning on the name Dwala. In 2011, no babies were given this name.
  • Gerilyn means spear rule in German and French. In 2011, no babies were given this name.
  • Rise means laughter in Latin. In 2011, no babies were given this name.
Mcarther- This was the top debut for boys in 1942 and was given to 23 babies. I couldn’t find a meaning of Mcarther. In 2011, no babies were given this name.

1943
Sharelle- This was the top debut for girls in 1943 and was given to 28 babies. Sharelle has many meanings. They include coral (English), maiden, virgin (Old Greek), singer, plain (Hebrew), and meadow shire, bight meadow (Old English). In 2011, no babies were given this name.
Howie- This was the top debut for boys in 1943 and was given to 10 babies. Howie means noble watchman in English. In 2011, 5 babies were given this name.


So that is the newest installment in the Top Debut Series. I am hoping to get back into the series and finish it up soon. I am really busy with college, school, and the holidays coming up so if I post late or I don’t post for that day I am really sorry. Also my laptop has been shutting off for no reason at all and it won’t turn back on for a good 30 minutes so I am trying to work around that. If you commented on one of my post I am working on answering you back. It is just taking me a little while. So I hope you liked this and don’t forget to comment. Bye for now :). 



Photo Credit:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucistaya/7872219602/
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I like:
    ~ Thanna
    ~ Sierra
    ~ Saford
    ~ Rise

    I like Brenna too but on a girl ^.^ Oh and I don't mind Howie as a nickname but I don't LOVE it. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was like "What were these parents thinking naming their son Brenna?!?"

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I made a mistake and the name BrenNa should be BrenDa! I'm sorry!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...