Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Top Debuts: 1954-1958

Hey guys! So I have another installment in the Top Debut Series. This time it is only going to be 5 years but some of the names are really good. I was just looking at all of the things I have to do for the blog and I decided I am going to do it over my Thanksgiving break. I have 4 and half day weekend so a lot will get done. It doesn’t really matter to you but it just means I will hopefully have post up every day for the next couple of days/weeks. Anyway this time I have years 1954-1958. So let’s get started.

1954
Corby- This was the top debut for girls in 1954 and was given to 39 babies. Corby means young crow in Norman French. In 2011, no babies were given the name Corby.
Durk- This was the top debut for boys in 1954 and was given to 17 babies. Durk means ruler of the people in English. In 2011, no babies were given the name Durk.

1955
Shevawn- This was the top debut for girls in 1955 and was given to 36 babies. I couldn’t find the meaning of this name but after looking at it and saying it, it kind of sounds like Siobhan. Maybe this is just a different spelling? I do hope it isn’t. in 2011, no babies were given this name.
Anothony and Erol- These were the top debuts for boys in 1955 and were each given to 10 babies.
  • Anothony means priceless, inestimable in Latin. In 2011 no babies were given this name.
  • Erol means brave in Turkish. In 2011, 6 babies were given this name.

1956
Siobhan- This was the top debut for girls in 1956 and was given to 58 babies. Siobhan means God is gracious in Irish. In 2011, 51 babies were given this name.
Trace- This was the top debut for boys in 1956 and was given to 17 babies. Trace means of Thracia in French. In 2011, Trace was ranked at #577.

1957
Tierney- This was the top debut for girls in 1957 and was given to 46 babies. Tierney means lord in Irish. In 2011, 89 babies were given this name.
Maverick- This was the top debut for boys in 1957 and was given to 32 babies. Maverick means independent man who avoids conformity in American. In 2011, Maverick was ranked at #425.

1958
Tamre- This was the top debut for girls in 1958 and was given to 63 babies. Tamre means date palm in Hebrew. In 2011, no babies were given this name.
Hoby- This was the top debut for boys in 1958 and was given to 30 babies. Hoby is a variant of Hobert, which means bright or shining intellect in American. In 2011, no babies were given this name.

So that is the list. I was quite surprised at how many names were actually normal. Were you? I was thinking at the end of the series I am going to do a post on the names I liked the most. I think it’ll be fun. Anyway I hope you like this and don’t forget to comment. Bye for now :). 



Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/erikasievert/8180594198/
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like these:
    ~ Tierney
    ~ Maverick (It's a favorite GP name of mine <3)
    ~ Tamre

    =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tierney is probably one of my favorites from this list.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...