Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Rare" M Girl Names Part 1

I'm back to blogging about the "rare" names. We are up to M girl names. Because there are so many M girl names I had to split them into 2 posts. Let's see what "rare" names we have for girls.
Baby Margo Source


Mabel

  • Meaning: Lovable 
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Elsie and Archie
Mabel is such a sweet name. It's really cute and a little old fashioned. I find this name to be great on all ages. 

Madigan 

  • Meaning: Little Dog
  • Origin: Irish 
  • Siblings: Adair and Finnegan 
I love Madigan because it is a great alternative to all of the popular Maddy names, such as Madison and Madeline. The meaning isn't a nice meaning but I don't see that as a big deal. 

Madonna

  • Meaning: My lady 
  • Origin. Italian 
  • Siblings: Carmela and Rocco
I don't think Madonna is useable because of how popular Madonna, the singer, is but you could always use it as a middle name. 

Mae

  • Meaning: The fifth month 
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Pearl and Gus
Mae is a beautiful name. I know a lot of people us it as a middle name and it's sweet that way. I do like the Mae spelling because it looks girlier 

Magnolia

  • Meaning: Magnol's Flower 
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Clementine and Fletcher
I absolutely love Magnolia. It's so pretty and one of the less popular flower names. If you like the nickname Maggie but don't want to use Margaret, this is a great name for you. I love the nicknames Maggie, Nola, and Nolie. 

Maisie

  • Meaning: Diminutive of Margaret (pearl) 
  • Origin. Scottish 
  • Siblings: Libby and Finlay
Maisie is a great spunky name. It's really cute name. I'm not sure how well this ages because it's a little bit of a childish name. 

Malaika (mah-LIY-kuh)

  • Meaning: Angel 
  • Origin: Arabic and Swahili 
  • Siblings: Kamaria and Tayo
Malaika is such a beautiful name! I love the sound of it and I think the meaning is really nice. Mally would be a great nickname. 

Marcella

  • Meaning: Dedicated to Mars 
  • Origin. Latin 
  • Siblings: Angeline and Salvatore 
Marcella is another beautiful name. It is very grand but I don't think it is too much for a baby. I love the nickname Marcie an I can see this on all ages. 

Marcia (MAHR-shuh)

  • Meaning: Dedicated to Mars 
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Diane and Roger
Marcia is another name I really like. It's unique enough that you don't hear it too much but not too unique that no one will know how to pronounce it. Marcie works as a nickname for this name also. 

Marcy

  • Meaning: Dedicated to Mars
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Jodie and Robbie
I really like this name but only as a nickname. I really prefer it spelled Marcie. 

Margarita 

  • Meaning: Pearl 
  • Origin. Greek 
  • Siblings: Gloria and Lorenzo 
Margarita is another grand name but I love it. The meaning is great and it ages well. I love te name Reed on a girl and you can use it as a nickname for Margarita. 

Margo

  • Meaning: Diminutive of Margaret (pearl) 
  • Origin. French 
  • Siblings: Gwen and Eliot 
I think Margo is a great name. It's spunky but vintage at the same time. If you wanted you could use it as a nickname for Margaret. I find that really cute and different. 

Marguerite 

  • Meaning: Variation of Margaret (pearl); daisy 
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Antoinette and Domenick 
I'm not a huge fan of Margierite for some reason. I much prefer Margaret and Margarita. 

Marian

  • Meaning: Combination of Mary (star of the sea) and Ann (grace)
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Willa and Foster
I think this is an older name and not one I like all that much. I'm really like just plain Mary right now. You could use Mary as a nickname for Marian. 

Marianne 

  • Meaning: Combination of Mary (star of the sea) and Ann (grace)
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Therese and Van
I like Marianne more than Marian but it's still a little dated for me. I do know a few Marianne's but they are all older. 

Marietta

  • Meaning: Variant of Mary (bitter) 
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Geneva and Benedict
I love Marietta! It's so pretty and different. I could use the nickname Mary, which I am really liking. I like the grand feel Marietta has. 

Marilla (mah-RIL-uh)

  • Meaning: Shining Sea
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Amalia and Cyrus
I think this name is pretty but I wouldn't use it. It's a great Spanish name though. 

Marion

  • Meaning: Variant of Mary (star of the sea) 
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Harriet and Francis
I don't really like this name. It's kinda of dated and I can not picture it on a baby. 

Marjorie

  • Meaning: Pearl 
  • Origin: Greek and English 
  • Siblings: Dorothy and Warren 
I love Marjorie! It's sweet and pretty. I do have trouble seeing it on a baby but I think it would age well. 

Marlo

  • Meaning: Invent Name
  • Origin: Unknown 
  • Siblings: Laine and Tobin
I love Marlo, although I would prefer it spelled Marlow. It's spunky and modern. I can see a cute little girl running around names Marlo. 

Martina

  • Meaning: Dedicated to Mars 
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Daria and Carlo
I went to school with a Martina and loved her name. They nicknamed her Tink. I love both the name an the nickname Tink. Martina is a really different name but it's pretty too. If you want to honor a Christina, Martina really works. 

xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. What an effective work! it is a very praising activity. Thanks to you sharing it with us. Zarsbuy.com with you to spread your article.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...