Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

The Not So Popular Names of Gossip Girl

I just finished watching Gossip Girl for the second time and started watching it again right away. I guess you can say I'm a little addicted. After seeing it two full times I have come to know the characters. That is why I am writing this post.

Everyone knows the main characters' names like Blair, Serena, Chuck, and Nate but very few people (unless they watch every show) know the less popular characters. Some of them have interesting, different names. Her are some of the interesting names that caught my eye.



Bex: She first shows up in season one. Bex is a Hebrew name that could be nickname for Rebecca. It has a possibly meaning of cattle stall; to tie. I love this nickname but not as a nickname for Rebecca.

Raina: We first meet Raina in Season 4. Raina means queen in German and Slavic. I really like Raina and you really don't hear it very often. It's a nice nature name too.

Eva: Eva is another character we meet in Season 4. Her name means life in Latin. In the show they pronounce it like Eh-vah not EE-vah. I really like that pronunciation and it is what caught my eye (or ear I should say).

Epperly: Epperly is yet another character we meet in Season 4. Her name is definitely different and eye catching. When I tried to find the meaning and origin I cam up with nothing. I think it is a sweet name and very different. I'm not sure how many people would like this name.


Be on the lookout for more name post. I'll be spending a lot of time blogging this summer. Until next time.

xoxo,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...