Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Names

Hey everyone. So today I am going to do a Christmas baby names post. I cannot believe Christmas is in two days! Let’s get started.
Girls
  1. Atalya- An American name that means born on Christmas. I think this name is cute. You could use it as a nickname for Natalya.
  2. Noelle- A French name that means born on Christmas. I like Noelle. I think it is cute. Another way you could spell it is Noel but I like Noelle spelled better.
  3. Holly- An English name that means plant with red berries. Holly is a nice name but I prefer Molly over Holly.
  4. Celyn- A Welsh name that means holly. This name is different and unisex. I put it on the girl list because it sounds more feminine to me.
  5. Joy- A Latin name that means Happiness. Joy is a short and sweet name. I put it on the list because of the song Joy to the World and because you should have joy around Christmas.
  6. Eve- A Hebrew name that means Life. This name is on the list because of two reasons. One Christmas Eve and two Because it means life and Jesus was born on Christmas. Eve is such a girly name. I love it as a nickname.
  7. Stella- A Latin name that means star. I put this name on the list because stars are important to Christmas. There was the North Star. Stella is a nice name.
  8. Carol- An English name that means a form of Charles. I put it on the list because of Christmas carols. Carol is sort of on the old lady side. I wouldn’t use it but you could if you like it.
  9. Belle- A French name that means beauty. Belle is such a beautiful name. I like it as a nickname and a middle name. Belle is on the list because of Silver Bells.
  10. December- An English name that means born in December. Not many babies are named December but it is usable. You could call her Ember, which is cute.

Boys
  1. Christian- An English name that means follower of Christ. This name is on the list because Christ was born on Christmas and we are followers of him. Christian is a nice name. I like it.
  2. Tannon-  I couldn’t find much information on the name but I think it is German. I put the name on the list because it has to do with a German Christmas Carol. I like the name because it is like Tanner but not at the same time.
  3. Klaus- A German name that means victory of the people. I like Klaus it is different and probably my favorite Christmas boy name.
  4. Joseph- An English name that means God will increase. I put Joseph on the list because Joseph was Jesus’ dad on earth. Joseph is a little over used but still nice.
  5. Gabriel- A Hebrew name that means God is my strength. I put Gabriel on the list because the Angle Gabriel came to Mary. I like Gabriel and the nickname Gabe.
  6. Nicholas- A Greek name that means victory of the people. I put Nicholas on the list because of Santa Claus. I have a cousin named Nicholas so I am a little biased in the name.
  7. Yule- An English name that means of Christmastime. Yule is a little different and not my favorite but still nice.
  8. North- I think it means north but not sure. I like it. It goes with Easton and Weston. It is short and a good middle name.
  9. Emmanuel- A Hebrew name that means God is with us. I’m okay with the name but it’s not my favorite.
  10. Hollis- An English name that means near the Holly. I like this name. It is different and cool. I put it on the list because it has holly in its meaning.

So that is my list I hope you like it. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. If you don’t celebrate Christmas I hope you have a happy weekend. Bye for now.

Photo Credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/164803667584477166/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...