Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Ella Names Beyond Gabriella and Isabella

Ella names seem to be all the rage right now. They are such pretty names with a grand ending to them. I love ella names just like the next person but I'm not a fan of popular names. That is why I complied a list of names that end in the gorgeous Ella sound but are loss popular.



Nigella 
The feminine form of Nigel, Nigella means champion in Irish. One famous Nigella and probably the only Nigella you will hear of is Nigella Lawson, a famous chef and judge on The Taste. Fun Fact about her is her father's name was Nigel. Maybe that is why she is named Nigella?

Anastella
I have heard a fellow Name Sister, Meagan, talk about Anastella and how pretty it is. Just keep repeating Anastella over and over and try to tell me it doesn't sound like a gorgeous princess or fairy. This name is a combination of Ana meaning grace and Stella meaning star.

Carmella
Carmella is the gorgeous Spanish variant of Carmel meaning garden. If you want to go with a nature name but don't want it to be too obvious Carmella is the way to go. Nicknames like Carmi, Cami, Mella, and Melly all work great for Carmella.

Israella 
Israella can be considered a place name to an extent. Its extremely similar to Israel with a little spin. I looked and looked but couldn't find the meaning of Israella. There doesn't seem to a lot on the name, making it a prefect unique name.

Raffaella 
Raffaella has a few different spellings. There is the Raphaella, Raphaela, and Rafaella. I do prefer the two F's and L's though. As the feminine form of Raphael you can use Raffella to honor them. The meaning of Raffella is God Heals in Hebrew. Rafi is a great nickname I have to say.

Marcella
Marcella is kind of a old lady name but at the same time really cute. I know this is a stretch but I think Marni would be a cute nickname for Marcella. They both have the same beginning sound. Marcella means dedicated to Mars in Latin. So with that meaning would you consider it a space name? I think so because it has the hidden meaning.

Aubriella
If you like the name Aubrey but it's too popular Aubriella is perfect for you. It's also great if you want a popular name with a unique spin to it. I had trouble finding the meaning and origin of Aubriella. It's another pretty yet unique name out there.

Donatella 
Donatella is a stunning, strong name. It reminds me of the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles a little but I don't even care. As an Italian variant of Donato, Donatella means given by God.  I'm sure someone has a Dona in their lives they would like to honor and Donatella is the way to go.

Esabella (Ee-suh-bella)
Esabella is a variant of the name Isabella. I know in the Spanish language people sometimes pronounce Isabella like Esabella. There aren't many E names out there so this one is a nice, unique one.

Joella 
Joella is so pretty! It's very similar to Noelle and Joelle. If you want to honor a Joseph you can use Joella. Joey is a cute tomboy nickname too. Surprising to me Joella is a variant of Joel and Joel means Yahweh is God.

I hope you found some new names you like. Are there any Ella names that I missed that you love? Tell me below!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What an effective work! it is a very praising activity. Thanks to you sharing it with us. Zarsbuy.com with you to spread your article.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...