Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hal The Nickname

When I originally thought about doing a post on the nickname Hal it was suppose to be for a boy. Then I realized that Hal is a unisex nickname and I decided to do a post on Hal for a girl and a boy. I prefer Hal as a nickname for a boy but I think it works great either way.


Halston: This is one of the first names that popped up when I thought of Hal as a nickname for boys. It goes great with names that already end in the -ton sound.

Hallan: I think if you like Halston but want a shorter name Hallan is great. It gets right to the point of the nickname Hal.

Hallam: I was doing some research on the name Hallan and it said that Hallan come from Hallam. I think its cool but like Hallan better.

Harold: This is the tradition full name for Hal and a great vintage name if you want to go down that root.

Halden: Halden is similar in sound to Holden and similar to the name Halston as well. I like to pronounce it Hal-den.

Callahan: I love this name so much and when I realized you could use the nickname Hal with it I was head over heels. It sounds very sophisticated.


Hayley: The very common name for the nickname Hal. There are other spellings including Haley, Hailey, and Halle.

Hallyn: Hallyn is the same as Hallan for a boy but with a more feminine spelling. I saw a little girl on instagram with this name and it makes me think of her.

Halia: Pronounced like Hailey with an a on the end, Halia is a pretty grand version of Hailey. I like Halia a lot more than Hailey because it is more unique.

Halina: If you like names that end in the -lina sound than Halina is for you. It gives you that princess feel but still lets you use Hal as a nickname.

Halona: This name is in my top 20 list because it sounds so pretty. It also has a great meaning in Native American. It means happy fortune.

Mahalia: If you like Halia but want a longer name Mahalia is prefect for you. I have always loved this name and have been putting it on my extend top name list for years now. It always finds a way to sneak back on.

Thalassa: This pretty greek name meaning the sea is prefect for a beach goer or sailor with the added bonus of the nickname Hal.

I forgot how much I loved making these posts. Nicknames are a great passion of mine and I need to start focusing on them more on the blog. If you have any nickname suggestions leave them down below. I'd love to hear them!

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Hal is our son's nickname. It is a fabulous nn, historical, substantial but spunky and fun. His full name is Henry Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his name! And I love that you picked Hal as a nickname.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...