Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

2019 List Predictions {Top 100}

Predicting the new names to the top 100 is my second favorite prediction list to make during this time. It's easier to make than the top 10 but harder than the top 1000. I have less chances of getting these right than I do of the top 1000. We are just days away from the release so I am getting these in just in time.

Let's start by taking a look at my predictions from last year. I made 5 main predictions and 3 honorable mentions for each gender. I had 2/8 right for the boys and 3/8 right for the girls. I am going to add some of the names to my prediction list this year and do the same number of predictions. 

Declan (#101)
From 2017 to 2018 Declan gained 14 spots and now sits one spot outside the top 100. The name has been hanging out just under the top 100 for a few years now but last year was the closest it came to being in the top 100. The soft sound and Irish vibes of this name make it easy to love. This name could go either way. 

Micah (#103)
Micah was one of my predictions for last year that did not make the top 100 list. It did however rise in popularity just a little. Now it sits right outside the top 100. Micah appeals to the parents who like Noah but want something less popular. Both names are biblical and end in -ah. 

Luca (#106)
Like Micah, Luca was a predictions I made for last years list that did not quite make it. From 2017 to 2018 the name jumped 24 spots. People adore A ending boy names more and more each year making me think Luca will earn his spot in the top 100 this year. 

Silas (#110)
Biblical names are loved and popular and have been for centuries. Silas is one of the more modern sounding biblical names. Add in the fact that it ends in -S and I can see more and more parents using it. From 2017 to 2018 the name moved up 10 spots and if it does the same this year it will be in the top 100. 

Kai (#113)
Kai is the last name prediction that is a leftover from last year. The name jumped 13 spots from 2017 to 2018 and that is all it would need to gain his spot in the top 100. Just taking a look back at Kai's movements on the top 1000 chart you can see the name has done nothing but climb up since the 1970s. 

Honorable Mentions: Kingston (#117), Bennett (#120), and Ryker (#122)




Clara (#103)
Clara was almost an honorable mention for me because she has been slowly going down in popularity for a few years now. I added her to the list because I think parents are looking for vintage names more than a few years ago. With her sitting just outside the top 100 anything can happen. 

Adalynn (#108)
If you take a look at the top 100 or even the top 1000 you will see that Ad- names are popular throughout for girls. Adalynn has many spelling but this is the most popular. If you combine her beginning with her end you get a name that covers multiple trends. 

Raelynn (#115) 
Raelynn is one of the leftover names from last year's predictions. Although she only gained 9 spots last year the previous years she gained 34 spots. With her southern charm and -lynn ending I can see her earning a spot in the top 100 for 2019. 

Athena (#117)
A names have been an ongoing trend for girl names for some time now. I am adding Athena to the list because of her A beginning but also because of her association with Greek mythology. I also can't leave out the fact that she has been gaining popularity since the 2000s. 

Arya (#119)
Because of Game of Thrones the name Arya earn a spot on the list. She is an alternative spelling to the much more popular Aria. I think between the beloved show and desire for a less popular spelling the name Arya could make it to the top 100 this year. The name is a leftover from last year and from 2018 to 2019 she gained 16 spots. 

Honorable Mentions: Hadley (#104), Jade (#111), and Eliza (#131)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...