Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

2019 Predictions {Top 10}

We are quickly coming up on the best time of the year for namers. The new SSA name list comes out on Friday. For those that do not know what the SSA name is it is the social secretary list of names popular for each year. Some namers call this the namer's Christmas and I could not agree more. I am so committed to this list release that I requested off from work 7 months ago and will be up with the sun waiting for it. If that doesn't say name obsession I don't know what does!

I will be spending the week working on making predictions for the new list coming out. This will be my fourth year doing this and although I am not the best I find it super fun. Predicting the top 10 name list is something I didn't start until last year. It seems so hard to pick the names and be on point because they don't change as often as the rest of the list. 

Top 2018 List 
Boys
1. Liam
2. Noah
3. William
4. James
5. Oliver
6. Benjamin
7. Elijah
8. Lucas
9. Mason
10. Logan

Girls 
1. Emma
2. Olivia 
3. Ava
4. Isabella
5. Sophia
6. Charlotte
7. Mia
8. Amelia
9. Harper
10. Evelyn



My Predictions for the 2019 top 10

Boys
1. Liam 
2. Noah
3. William
4. Oliver
5. James
6. Benjamin
7. Elijah
8. Lucas 
9. Michael
10. Mason

Girls
1. Emma
2. Olivia
3. Ava
4. Sophia
5. Charlotte
6. Isabella
7. Amelia
8. Harper
9. Mia
10. Elizabeth

The top 4 boy names were unchanged from 2017 to 2018 and I think the top 3 will stay the same but Oliver will gain more popularity this year. I see Logan falling off the top 10 list this year and Michael possibly jumping back on. Michael is my wildcard guess. 

On the girls list the top 3 names did not change so I am keeping it the same for this year. I think Harper will rise up the chart and Evelyn will fall off. Elizabeth is my wildcard this year. 

Stay tune for the list to be release Friday May 8, 2020! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...