Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

5 Girl Names {Roommate Names}

I am graduating college in about 20 days and its hard to believe I am almost done. Four years really flies by when you are having fun, as cliche as that sounds. There are so many mixed emotions that come with this season in my life. Its a relief to know that this long, hard road is almost behind me but at the same time I am sad to be leaving behind all the great memories and time I have had. 

With those great memories comes a group of friends I will have for a lifetime. Five of them are my roommates for the past year. Yes, 6 girls lived in a 3 bedroom apartment and we actually survived. Some of us have liked together for more than one year while others it is my first time living with them. We have become a family over these past 9 months. In honor of our time of living coming to an end I wanted to feature their names. 

*1995 ranks are included because that is the year we were born*




Jillian- Youthful; English 
  • 1995 Rank: #197
  • 2015 Rank: #435
Jillian went by Jill and I have known her for 4 years now. She lived across the hall from me freshman year and we have been friends ever since. The spelling Jillian is a variant of Gillian and is so much more popular than the G spelling. If you like the name Lillian but don't like her popularity than Jillian is perfect for you.  

Erika- Feminine form of Eric (Eternal Ruler); Norse
  • 1995 Rank: #102
  • 2015 Rank: #728
Erika and I have roomed together for 2 years now and we have shared a room both times. She was also one of my floor mates my freshman year. In some languages the name Erika can mean heather. The Erica spelling is just a little more popular at #681. When spelled with a C the name is a flower name. It is a genus of about 860 flowering plants. The English common names are heath or Heather. 

Jeannette- Diminutive of Jeanne (Yahweh is Gracious); French 
  • 1995 Rank: Not Ranked 
  • 2015 Rank: Not Ranked 
I became friends with Jeannie, as we know her by, freshman year because of Jill. We formed our group and it was great. Jeannette is such a beautiful name and I especially love the -ette ending. Its so unique yet extremely girly. The name hasn't even been ranked since 1993! I would have to say her name is the most unique on this list. 

Madison- Son of Maud; English 
  • 1995 Rank: #29
  • 2015 Rank: #11
Madi, as we call her, just became my friend a year ago and I am so glad I was able to meet her. She's the mom of our group and always keeping us organized and on track. Madison is the most popular name on this list. Its trendy and goes with all of the Mad- name out there for girls. You can even use this on a boy id you liked, which I adore. In the 80s there was a movie called Splash that helped the name rise in popularity when the mermaid character was named Madison. 

Christine- A Christian, Anointed; French 
  • 1995 Rank: #114
  • 2015 Rank: #793
Christine just became my friend this year but I wish I had known her earlier! She's so chill and laid back. She has a knack for adventure and gets us all out there to do things. The more popular Christina wasn't always the top ruler for a feminine form of Christopher. From 1966 to 1974, the name was in the top 20. The heroine in Phantom of the Opera was named Christine. When I was reading about this name I saw that there is a character from The Young and The Restless who goes by Cricket! I just love it! 

Everyone in this group adds something to our friend circle. We all have roles that aren't even spoken we just know. The past year living together has had its ups and downs but I wouldn't have my college career end with anyone else. 

What are your favorite names from the list? What middle names would you use? 

 photo small blog signature_zpsmlvv5oyk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...