Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Celebrity Babies

I use to make a post every month with the celebrity babies who had birthdays in that month. The reason I stopped is because there were too many names. I finally came up with a solution to my problem. Instead of doing every baby, I'll just pick my favorites for the month.

For July I have 8 favorite names along with their parents, and birthdays. Let's get started!



Marlowe Ottoline Layng Sturridge
July 7
Parents: Sienna Miller and Tom Sturridge
Marlowe means driftwood in English. I find Marlowe to be very spunky and quirky. I like how its not popular but also not crazy different. Ottoline means prospers in battle in German. I like vowel names and Ottoline is one you don't hear very often. It sounds as if it belongs on a princess or an English girl.

Dashiell Orson Priestly
July 9
Parents: Naomi Lowde and Jason Priestly
Dashiell means from Chiel in French. I love the nickname Dash and Dashiell is also cute. Many of the popular boy names end in sounds such as son and er so its nice to have a different sound. Orson is a nice, fresh name. In both Latin and English it means bear cub. It goes along with a lot of popular names without being popular and overused. Vowel names are some of my favorite type of names but there are not too many out there. Orson is a name that just looks nice and sounds nice.

Bingham Hawn Bellamy
July 9
Parents: Kate Hudson and Matt Bellamy
Bingham is very different and I can remember Kate Hudson receiving a lot of hate for the name. It is a British surname that means homestead at a hollow. I find the nickname Bing to be so cute and different. I like that this name is not like many popular names out there. Hawn sounds too much like Dawn for me to like it. There is really no information on the name Hawn.

Estela Ines Monteverde Landry
July 11
Parents: Ali Landry and Alejandro Gomez Monteverde
Estela is one of prettiest names I have ever seen! It's very grand and princess feeling. I know there are some princesses named Estela in the world. I would probably prefer the spelling Estella more. It means star in Latin. Ines looks like a word to me. It is the Latin and French variants of Agnes and means pure and virginal. Although it is very nice and different. I believe you can spell Ines, Inez and that looks less like a word to me.

Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt
July 12
Parents: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
I personally love all four of these names. They make great combos and great twin names. Knox means round hill in Scottish. The X in Knox gives it a little bit of an edge. It's short and sweet and gets right to the point. I know Knox isn't a super popular name but I feel like it is gaining in popularity. Leon is another short and sweet name. It looks very manly to me. In Greek, Leon means lion. Vivienne means life in French. I love this spelling of Vivienne so much. It makes it look prettier in my opinion and is yet another princess name. Marcheline is a name that I hadn't heard of before but I love it. In French it means warrior. The nickname March is so cute. Both Vivienne and Marcehline have great meanings.

Clementine Jane Hawke
July 18
Parents: Ethan Hawke and Ryan Shawhuges
Clementine is very pretty and has an old-fashioned feel to it. In Latin it means merciful. It's not too old lady but its also not super modern. It ages well both with the child's age and the time period. I have been seeing Clementine raise in popularity a little. Jane is a very filtered middle name. It's sweet but I would have liked to see something else. Jane is a Hebrew name that means God is gracious.

Scout Larue Willis
July 20
Parents: Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
Scout is a word name that could possibly mean explorer. I love the name Scout. It's very spunky and different. When I see Scout I think of a little tomboy who likes nature and the outdoors. As for Larue, I would much prefer just Rue but Rue wouldn't work with Scout. Scout Larue together does sound great. Larue means dweller by the side of the road in French.

Zev Isaac Miller
July 22
Parents: Marissa Jaret Winoku and Judah Miller
Both Zev and Isaac are Hebrew names. Zev means wolf while Isaac means laughter. I would much prefer Zev as a nickname but it is still cute. The z and V give it a little bit of an edge. Two semi rare letters. I do find Zev to look a little incomplete. Isaac is one of my favorite I names and together Zev and Isaac make a great combo.


Let me know what you think? What are your favorite names from the list?


Photo Credit: http://midngt.tumblr.com/post/54333973399/transparent-for-your-blog-enjoy-july
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Regarding Bingham Hawn Bellamy: Kate Hudson's mother is Goldie Hawn, so the middle is a family name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I read that somewhere. Thanks for telling me! I love hearing new name facts.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...