Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Rare" N Boy Names

Can anyone remember the last "rare" name post I did because I surely can't! I definitely missed making this posts and alway put them off simply because they usually have a ton of names to them. This time wasn't too bad and I was already on a blogging roll so I thought I would just go for it. I was actually reintroduced to some great names.



Napoleon

  • Meaning: Lion of the New City 
  • Origin: Greek
  • Siblings: Zola and Ferdinand

Napoleon is definitely a rare because of the movie Napoleon Dynamite and the political leader Napoleon Bonaparte. They aren't exactly the best people to name a baby after. I also believe this name is extremely big for a little baby. If I was to meet a Napoleon I would be shocked and proud of the parents for being different.


Ned

  • Meaning: Pet form of Edward meaning wealthy guardian 
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Rosie and Roy

Ned Declassification School Survival Guide anyone? That was one of my favorite childhood shows. I still think Ned is such a sweet little old man name for a baby. Paired with Edward and you are golden.


Nicholson

  • Meaning: Son of Nicol
  • Origin: English
  • Siblings: Maribel and Broderick

Nicholson is a great alternative to the name Nicholas. I'm all for honoring too so this fits that category. I'm really loving Nicholson for some reason right now. Maybe its the fact that its a long name or maybe its because its a surname. If anyone knows a Nicholson be sure to let me know.


Niles

  • Meaning: Son of Neil
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Portia and Clive

Boy names that end with an s seem to be all the rage lately. Niles would be a nice fit with them. Nile without the s is the name of a river and this name could double as a place name. I'm really liking the simplicity of Niles.


Nils (NEELS)

  • Meaning: Variant of Nicholas meaning people of victory 
  • Origin: Norwegian 
  • Siblings: Else and Lars

Nils is another great way to honor a Nicholas. It can even honor a Neil as well. I also believe it fits with the boy names that end with s. I do like Niles better than Nils though.


Noam (NOHM. NOH-em)

  • Meaning: Pleasant 
  • Origin: Hebrew 
  • Siblings: Tova and Elan

Did anyone else think Noah when they heard this name? I did and I thought it was such a cool variant of Noah. I think both pronunciations are pretty great. If I had to pick one it would be NOHM. Something about this name just draws me in and makes me love it.


Norman

  • Meaning: Northman, Norseman 
  • Origin: French
  • Siblings: Wilma and Marvin

Norman falls into the old man chic names. I do hear a lot of people talking about old man names but I very rarely hear them talking about Norman. It may be a little unusable because of the Norman Bates association.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...